Thursday, July 5, 2012

Querying: Part...3?



As I've mentioned before, I'm in the middle of querying my first novel and I felt like an update was due. I've written many versions of my query letter and have finally come up with one with some help from my #twitwits friends that I find fits Spark perfectly. Well, as perfect as a one page letter can fit. We have had some highs and some lows. (More of those than highs, but I'm not complaining because that's what makes me a stronger author!) But through it all, Spark and I keep chugging along.

So far we've been through four titles and many revisions, edits, and rewrites. Never have I given up on my little friend though. Sure, I know Spark's a hard sale in this market at this time. But that doesn't mean I'm going to shelve it any time soon. I still feel like it's a hit and only needs the loving embrace of an agent's arms to find a home in a publishing house. Heck! I'd even love the publishing house's arms. I'm not prejudice against either and whichever order they come, I'll happily accept them with open arms.

I'll admit that sending my little friend out to the world is nerve-wracking, but I feel in the end it'll be totally worth it all. So, I keep sending out my letters while working on my next wip. That story will come along soon. So, stay tuned for that and for something awesome coming very soon!

For now, check out KT Hannah's blogoversary giveaway with a query critique from her awesome agent,  Judith Engracia!

Until next time, happy reading/writing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment