Thursday, July 19, 2012

Be Inspired Meme

This blog post is brought to you by the awesome, Tangynt, who tagged me for the Be Inspired Meme. So, to do the assigned tasks I have to answer a few questions. Find my answers below and thank you Tangynt for tagging me.

Q: What is the name of your book? 

A: Spark

Q: Where did the idea of your book come from?

A: There is a very interesting story behind Spark. Well, to me at least. Spark (Then titled The Demon Chronicles) wasn't even in my mind when I started writing about Taisie's story. Back then she and Rune didn't even know each other because they were in two different books. As I was writing them, I couldn't stop thinking about how the characters from both books belonged together and Spark was born from that one thought. Weird, I know.

Q: In what genre would you classify your book?

A: Young Adult Dark Fantasy

Q: If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?

A: As I write my characters, I dream of how they might look and then search out who they may be in real life. Once I find a picture that says "That's them!" in my mind, they go in a folder under the book and characters name. Below you will find the top six most important characters from Spark. I've found these pictures on the web and I don't claim any rights to them or claim to own them.

Taisie Monahan - Lucy Hale

Taisie is the protagonist of the story who starts off awkward but turns into a powerful girl able to protect herself from whatever comes her way.






Rune Hallowell - Blair Redford

Rune is the love interest of the story with a secret. The strong silent type, he is more than meets the eye.



The Belles: Blaise, Lynn, and Sefarina - Shelley Henning, Jamie Chung, and Candice Accola

The Belles are the head clique in school and Taisie's new friends. Think of them as the girls from Mean Girls with witchy abilities.




Spark - Ian Somerhalder

Spark is the antagonist of the story who will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. (Classic bad guy with a twist.)








Q: Give us a one sentence synopsis of your book.

A: 16-year-old Taisie's stalked by ghosts and when one holds all she lives for in his hands, she has to embrace her new powers and form an unlikely alliance to destroy the spectral before he damns her soul.

Q: How long did it take you to write your book?

A: As of the last edits and revisions... three years. But I've learned a lot over those years and Spark's blossomed from the time and care I've put into it along with some help from many awesome people that I love dearly.

Q: What other books within your genre would you compare it to, or readers of which books would enjoy it?

A: I'm not sure there is another book within my genre like Spark. If there is, I can't think of one right at this moment. But I would hope that anyone who enjoys books like The Vampire Diaries, Paranormalcy, or anything within the Fantasy/Paranormal genres would enjoy Spark.

Q: Which authors inspired you to write this book?

A: I can't really say an author inspired me to write Spark. I love to read and that sometimes does inspire me to write things, but not one thing in particular inspired me to write Taisie's story. I just write where my characters take me and they led me to Spark.

Q: Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.

A: The tone is dark with moments of romance and humor mixed in with the danger. Also, there may be hidden love triangles mixed in. You'll just have to read the book to figure out who I might be talking about. ;)

Q: Now tag five others: Bwahahahahaha! I mean... you're it!

I'm picking the following people because I know they'll have something interesting to share. Also, I'm cheating and picking six!








I hope you enjoyed this little post. I know I did! Until next time, happy reading/writing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment