Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!

First, let me apologize for my silence last week. I wasn't feeling well, so I took some time off to get better. I want to thank everyone who sent good vibes my way! It seems like they worked! Thanks!!

Today's post is a special one for Valentine's Day. For some, it is the most romantic day of the year. For others, it's the loneliest. I think it all depends on if you have someone to share it with and if their is love to be shared with that someone.

I could go into the history of Valentine's Day, but that would be like being in school again. None of us want that. What I will say is, I don't think this day should be about what the commercial's tell us it should be. I for one, don't need diamonds, (they'd be nice. But I don't need them!) chocolate, (even though it's yummy!) or roses! It's about being with the one you love and having them say those three little words. I love you.

Two years ago, my hubby and I didn't exchange gifts. We were under a month from getting married and money was tight. That didn't mean that the day was any less special than it has been every year we've been together. In fact, I think it was more romantic. He prepared me a romantic candlelight dinner and I made him a mixed playlist of all of his favorite songs. It wasn't super mushy; but since we were together, we were happy!

So today, if you don't get that gift that you were wanting, still smile. For as long as the one you love says/shows they love you with even a kiss, it's the best! Love is a wonderful thing and I wish all of you have it or find it!

Until next time, happy reading/writing everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment