Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Anticipation and Fandom


So, today one of my favorite video games sequel came out, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and I couldn't be more excited! I've fallen in love with the graphics and characters of the first FFXIII. In fact, Lightning has become one of my favorite characters to look to when I want to write a strong female character. I'll admit it. I'm a fan girl. The anticipation for this game has had me looking every week to see when it would be released. I even preordered it a year ago.

Video games aren't the only thing that I'm crazy about. I've been known to brag about books that I beta read or was a CP and got to read it early, and they aren't even represented yet. There's no publishing date and yet, I'm crazy about it. I'm a fan girl of authors that I'm friends with or just know by reading their books.

I preordered A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford as soon as I found out I could! I've been known to drive to Wal-Mart at midnight just because the book I had been looking forward to came out right then and made them open the box so I could have it. I couldn't stand the anticipation anymore.

So, today as I sit down and play my new totally awesome game, I will be over joyed! This fandom will never go away and I hope it never does! The love I have for this game is the same love I have for every book that I'm looking forward to owning one day. So, here I am, forever a fan girl!

Are you anticipating anything? What are you a fan of?

Until next time, happy reading/writing everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment