Saturday, July 23, 2011

Surrounded By Fabulousness




So, as of Thursday I have finished editing my ms. Or at least this round of edits are finished. Since I sent it off to the four wonderful ladies who gracefully accepted the challenge of reading it, I've been taking a writing break. What does that mean? Lots of time to think.

I titled this post surrounded by fabulousness because I have managed to do just that. Surround myself with fabulous writers, editors, and readers who are great at what they do. Through them, I have become a better writer and reader. Amazing I know! *giggles* I wanted to take the time to introduce you all to just a few of these fabulous people that I am referring to. I cannot list them all because I'm sure blogger would freak out on me and I would never be seen or heard from again. *dramatic voice*

First I would like to introduce you to my awesome critique partner Julia King. I have had the honor of reading her first ms and I have to tell you that once she's signed with an agent and the book is published, you WILL want to go buy it ASAP! Julia, is a wonderful writer and friend. In her, I have a cheerleader and someone who I can share my nervousness with. Everyone should have a CP like her.

Second, is amazing editor, writer, and friend Cassandra Marshall. I met Cass through one of the many contests that I have participated in since joining twitter and blogger. I even won a free 10pg edit. That's where I learned that what I thought was good wasn't so hot. Cass had/has a way of saying things and opening a writers eyes. She is a fantabulous editor and I would recommend hiring her with any of your editing needs.

Speaking of editors, I would also have to recommend my good friend, Su. She has a funny sense of humor and the way she says things are classic. Her rate is just as great as Cass. So, you now have two wonderful ladies for all of your editing needs. 

Brenda Drake has also been part of the fabulous people that surround me. She was sweet enough to offer her help when I was entering a contest and is now reading my ms to give her opinion on where it's lacking. I feel blessed just to know her.

Shelley Watters, part of my Charlie's Angels of writers! She is an amazing writer and I can't wait to get my hands on Burn Me. I had to include her in this post just because I find her to be fabulous and it wouldn't be complete without her!

Brielle B. is my adopted twitter baby sister, book reviewer/blogger, and writer. She is a fabulous girl and if you're lucky enough to know her then you truly are blessed! She has a future in writing. I'm sure of it!

Tiffany King is the amazing author of Meant To Be who you've read a guest post from right here on this blog. She is an incredible woman and author. Just her saying that she loved my book was enough to make me cry. Thank you, Tiff! You're always fabulous!

This post would not and could not be complete without one person. My dear friend and twitter twin Kara Stefanowich. Thank you for being there when I needed someone to rant to and for encouraging me when my hubby wasn't around. I love you my friend and I know you will be a big name in the writing world one day!!

Last but not least, the most fabulous person I know isn't a writer or a blogger. They are my very best friend and loudest cheerleader. They love me no matter if my ms is a hit or a flop. This person is my wonderful husband. To him all I have to say is thank you and I love you more than words can say!

I would recommend following all of these fabulous ladies and hiring Cass and Su. You will not regret it! I swear! Happy writing!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...that was so cute!! And I agree..they are all wonderful tweeps!! But we wouldn't be quite as wonderful without the light of a pure heart....without YOU! Love you dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh. :) Love you, too, Jamie! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww shucks! I seriously don't know what I did to deserve you, girly! You make me happy and are soooo encouraging. Thanks for shouting me out on your bloggy friend. I'm so glad I caught you tweet wondering if anyone wanted to be your CP! it has been a treat ever since then! Mwah and much loves from me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely amazing people listed on your post! I am so glad you have such a wonderful team of cheerleaders! Don't forget how fabulous you are, too!

    ReplyDelete