Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas, Writing, & the New Year

I spent everyday before Christmas writing, revising, and editing and now find that now that Christmas has come to pass I have done nothing in over a week.  This is very strange because it seems like for months all I've been doing is working on one story or another making sure to tweak things every time I turned around.  Now though that the holidays are upon us I seem to have just stopped still.  Nothing has been accomplished which is now driving me crazy!  My husband has even noticed that I mention at least twice a day that I should be working on something but the guilt of not spending time with family & friends prevents me from doing so.

I know Christmas isn't a great time to work on writing because this is the time meant for family, friends, and remembering the reason for the season. (Sorry for the cliche.)  Still I find that I have some great idea that I need to write down with no time to do so.  I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way or has this problem & I know I won't be the last.  I've always wondered how writers do it.  How do they find the time during the busy holiday season to work on anything?  I find it hard to find enough time just to write this short blog let alone tweak a chapter or two.  So how do people find enough time to crank out an entire book during this time of year because I know that some do.  Please let me know your secret please?

The new year seemed so far away just a couple of weeks ago but now it's only less than five days away.  Another year has passed and I find myself getting another year older.  My dream of being a published writer is one year older than it was before but now seems closer than ever!  I know that in this new year that there will be great things ahead of me!  I'm not making a resolution because I don't believe in them!  I'm making myself a vow though.  I vow that I will finish at least one of my novel's and I won't rest until I know I've done everything in my power to get it published!  That is something I hope everyone who has a goal will do!  Because if you won't put any effort out to make your dream come true why would anybody else do it for you?

Well I hear someone calling me so I have to go.  I will leave you with this.  If you have a goal make it come true because one day you will look back and regret it if you don't!  Merry Christmas everybody & have a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment